Mark D. MellingerM.D. Request An Appointment
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Board Certified, Orthopedic Surgery
- Hand and Microsurgery Fellowship University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Doctorate of Medicine University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
Dr. Mellinger is a board certified and fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in treating injuries and disorders of the upper extremity. He is an expert in caring for conditions affecting the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand and fingers. In addition, he holds a Certificate of Added Qualification in hand, wrist and elbow surgery.
His areas of interest include joint replacement, fracture care, tendon and ligament injuries, athletic and sports-related injuries, nerve disorders and congenital disorders. He performs surgical arthroscopy, a less invasive form of surgery using small instruments with less trauma to muscle and tissue. Prior to becoming an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Mellinger worked as an optical scientist and optical and mechanical engineer. He made the decision to dedicate himself to medicine while volunteering in surgical clinics serving northern Mexico. He joined Northern Arizona Orthopaedics in 2003.
Dr. Mellinger, his wife Dr. Kirsten Mellinger, an local optometrist, and their three children enjoy all that Northern Arizona has to offer including golf, hiking, mountain biking and photography.
Practice Website: www.northazortho.com